The Greater Washington Employee Relocation Council (GWERC) is a non-profit organization, established in Washington, D.C. in 1985.
- Serve as a forum for the exchange of information and ideas among professionals involved in the field of relocation.
- Act as a not-for-profit organization to promote professional standards and foster educational development in relocation.
- Act as a channel of communications between the Worldwide Employee Relocation Council (ERC) and individual members.
- Provide professionals involved in relocation administration and service an outlet for sharing expertise and experience, and pooling knowledge and talents.
- Monitor and evaluate current trends in relocation.
- Collect and disseminate relocation ideas and information through print, seminars, workshops and other meetings.
In order to preserve an educational environment, GWERC strictly prohibits members from using meetings or other GWERC functions for sales purposes. GWERC reserves the right to prohibit further participation by an individual who fails to honor this requirement. Membership may be revoked at the discretion of the Board.